More popular than the Dust II map can only be the same, but in an updated form in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. In CS GO, the Dust 2 map has a new design. Textures, objects and the external environment were worked out. But the overall game pattern has not changed. The location remains the same, albeit with minor changes. The streets have become more realistic, as have the player models, which have become more resistant to dust and sandstorms. In any case, every pro continues to play Dust 2 because, for more than 20 years, no one has been tired of the Dust 2 card. Unless fan mods occasionally become a pathetic parody of a cult location, they are used less often.
Dust 2: the main map features
Due to excessive detail, the transition to CS GO from version 1.6 is difficult for players. However, you can get used to it after a few games. For example, CS GO Dust 2 map is easy to explore. All perspective points are remembered at once.
The new version of the location is based on the architecture of the fictional city of El Sahrij. The initial version was based on one of the settlements of an unknown state in the Middle East. Now the architecture of Morocco is clearly visible. The main changes include the following:
- lighting has improved in previously dark places on the map. By this, the Dust 2 map did not deprive the fans of the opportunity to sit in a hiding place in the “tunnels” with the CTRL held down, but additional columns were made for them, which the audience liked;
- the center has changed a lot, but this only improved the entertainment;
- under point A, the box and barrels on the “B” were reduced – in CS GO, the Dust 2 map became more open and informative.
There are quite a few changes. Also was added bulletproof locations, which made the game even more enjoyable. Dust 2 was temporarily not used in top competitions but was included back due to the dissatisfaction of professional gamers and millions of fans.
Tactical features of the Dust 2 map in the CS:GO game
It is impossible to win on the map without a strategy. Only if there are well-aimed shooters in the team will it be possible to take the round by storm. However, the Dust 2 spread card and learning the best positions to attack will help you win more often. Sometimes it seems that it is more profitable to play for the special forces because it is enough to control two points with the safety net of the center, and everything will work out in the best way. But in CS:GO, the map was made balanced. Chances are equal for both sides.
CT best ways to play:
- one player must control the “long” and secure the sniper, who will be located in the “middle”;
- control of the “short” is essential because it is worth missing the breakthrough of terrorists, and then you can not have time to do anything;
- two players should hide at point B and try to find out about a possible attack to connect the rest.
No top team is running around the map together anymore because this is a sure way to lose everyone at once or miss the bomb plant, after which you can try to save your weapon and not die. Map Dust 2 CS GO workshop is also considered popular. Many developers add their elements to the location or make do with creating branded skins, which are now highly in demand. At the best tournaments, participants play only on the original version, but it is not forbidden to use exclusive items because of the appearance changes, not the technical capabilities.
There is not a single win-win strategy on any map. However, if the game is played in a 5×20 format, this clear advantage will help win.
Changes in configs that change the gameplay are prohibited in any tournament. Only adjustment of personal settings is allowed, but these parameters do not guarantee victory.
CT gamers often overlook the Molotov cocktail as it costs $200 more. However, this grenade will be a great help when deploying for either side.